Thursday, March 21, 2013

So, I am really bad at updating my blog with all the work I'm doing. I get caught up in doing different assignments and my own things that the pieces I want to post get forgotten about. Here are some digital paintings I've done using Photoshop.


Abominable Snowman
Made with perfect circles and straight edges

Robot Saving Human in Desert:

This was a completely new technique for me. I started out with a good line drawing


Next, I transferred the drawing to watercolor paper, lightly just blocking in shapes with graphite. This next part is what was new. I'm not very familiar with watercolor, but I painted my piece quickly letting the natural watercolor texture show. 


Finally I put the piece into Photoshop and painted layers digitally in between my watercolor layer and my line layer.  You can see that I added mountains in the back, but you can still see some of the water color texture shine through the digital paint. Even though this was a new technique for me, it's one that I actually really like! It gives me a process to follow and allows me to add cool effects to my piece. Lemme know what you think!

P.S I have to say this because I'm pretty excited! I got into the BFA Program for Illustration! 


No comments:

Post a Comment