Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Influence

For my figure painting class we were given an assignment to paint a conceptual piece focusing on one word. I chose the word "Influence", and specifically the influence of the media onto little girls to be the worlds definition of "pretty"--to be "sexy" "skinny" and "perfect". It's sad to see young girls feeling like they are not perfect as they are...that they need the newest clothes, a cell phone, and make up in order to be worth something. That is simply not true.

After I started working on this piece I saw an article in a magazine titled "8 ways to boost a girls self image". The author of this describes how I feel about the worlds influence on children better then I can put into words, and I think it is something that could help parents with their children. Here is the link to that article if you are interested : http://www.ldsliving.com/story/75061-8-ways-to-boost-a-girls-self-image


No comments:

Post a Comment